Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fight2Win



This isn't stamping related, but it is something that is very important to me! Today marks the one-year anniversary of the death of Alese Coco. Her incredible life was cut short by complications from Hodgkin's Disease. She was as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside. The entries on her blog are some of the most inspirational words that I have ever read. She had an incredible spirit and belief in God. I followed her blog and prayed for her for about a year before she passed away.
Fight2Win was Alese's mantra. Her family has spent the past year setting setting up the Fight2Win campaign. Their mission is a 100% cure rate of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. This will be accomplished through research that focuses on Hodgkin's Disease. The research will be initially completed at the Alese Coco Hodgkin's Research Laboratory at Columbia University. They also have the goal to provide a support network for patients diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma. That is something that I would have benefited from greatly when I was undergoing treatment. Click HERE to read Alese's blog.
Please say a prayer for Alese's family today. This is a very difficult day, but also a promising time as they are finally able to move forward this incredible campaign. Please consider donating to this cure. There are so many young people that have Hodgkin's Disease. They went through treatment just like I did, however, they haven't made it to remission. Jennifer Willey is continuing her battle everyday. Click HERE to read her last blog entry. Please pray for strength and peace for her.
My birthday is coming up soon! Help me celebrate by considering a donation to Fight2Win. I will continue to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, but I will also start donating my card sales to http://www.fight2win.org/ . Thanks for reading my blog today and reading about something that is very important to me!

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Jules, thanks so much for sharing this~!