Friday, January 25, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge


Wow! I'm on a challenge binge! This is my 3rd one this week. I'll post the other one I made soon. I'm all alone at home tonight! I know that sounds strange to be excited about being home alone, but it does not happen very much at this house!! My daughter is spending the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house (thanks Mom and Dad!) and my son is at a basketball game with my husband. Ahhhhhhh, sigh. The sounds of a quiet house.
I'm going to give this card to my Grandma for her 88th birthday on Feb. 1st. I think think designer paper is just priceless! What an easy way for a great background on a card! Wishing you a GREAT weekend! Thanks for the great sketch Beate!
Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Looks like Spring, Happy Everything
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Purely Pom, Pretty in Pink, Berry Bliss DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Purely Pom, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: The best glitter EVER (Dazzling Diamonds), Purely Pom Double Stitched Ribbon

7 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful card, I love the glitter!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always Julie. I know your Grandmother will love this card for her 88th birthday.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Man, what a great gift. . .to be home alone for a little while! Lucky you! LOVE the card! Beautiful!

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a pretty card, love the color you choose.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love it. I bet your grandma will love it too.
Thanks so much for participating in the challenge. Hugs and smiles

Kristine said...

This is really pretty....I too love using dp when I need a quick background. So simple!

Lori said...

This is so pretty! The patterned paper works beautifully with the flower from Looks Like Spring.