Monday, September 3, 2007

First Fall Leaves




It's that time of the year to start breaking out my fall and winter sets. It seems like there is only such a short time to use the fall ones. I love everything about fall!


I was trying to make this card completely monochromatic but it just didn't turn out that way. Eggplant Envy seems to be a color I only use in the fall. Does anyone else do that? This stamp set was another one of my "must haves" from the new catalog. It is called "With Gratitude". I took the leaf and stamped it on 4 1/4" x 5 1/2 " piece of eggplant envy for the background. I stamped the leaf on Very Vanilla and cut it out. The base of the card is an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Saraha Sand.


I love to tear paper on my cards and haven't done that for a long time. I like the texture it adds. I ended by tearing the eggplant at an angle and adhering to the folded card base. I stamped "With Gratitude" at the bottom. Thanks for looking!!!

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is really beautiful! So simple, but so beautiful! Not to mention I LOVE purple! :)